Lindemann Chimney Supply wants to provide you with information upcoming chimney sweep and hearth industry events. There is an upcoming semiar hosted and sponsored by the North Carolina Chimney Sweep Association and the South Carolina Chimney Sweep Guild. It's called Transform Your Business DNA -- East Coast Summit, and the presenters are Tom Urban and Jerry Isenhour. Here is a bio about Jerry Isenhour.
Jerry E. Isenhour Sr. is a recognized expert in the field of chimney sweep service, chimney repair service, solid fuel installations, industry standard of care and other facets involved with the proper and improper operation of a chimney service company, hearth product retail sales, and hearth product installation company.
Mr. Isenhour has served as the CEO of several companies involved in the industry; these have ranged from a chimney service company, to hearth retailer, and also with the manufacture of products. The companies he has served as CEO of have included:
- The Chimney Doctor Inc 1982 – 2010
- The Fire Place Patio & Grill 1982 – 2010
- Islands By Design 2006 – 2010
In 2010 he founded a consulting company, Chimney and Venting Consultants, to offer the industry his service as an educator and consultant, and also as a service to the legal and insurance industries as an expert in his fields. The service to the legal profession has been ongoing as a service he has provided for a number of years while involved as the CEO of The Chimney Doctor Inc. This includes training conducted at his independent training facility located in Concord NC.
He has been a member of the faculty to offer instruction at the Chimney Safety Institute of America training center in Indianapolis Indiana presenting programs on documentation and standard of care. These training endeavors have been directed to field technicians, office staff and company management.
There has been a tremendous industry involvement over the 30 year career service to many trade associations, this has also involved the time spent in Europe in regards the education of the European chimney service industry. During the industry association and educational foundation work he has been instrumental in the development of the NFPA 211 chimney inspection standards and also in the development of the industry standards involving the standard of care.
Service is also provided for architects and builders in regards analysis of field issues and the preparation of solutions from air quality issues, performance issues, and the review of plans and on site supervision of construction and installation involving sold fuel systems and their allied venting systems. He is also commonly consulted as a source for field failure of venting systems for consumers, insurance companies, and others.
During the 30-year career he has become a source for many news and magazine articles on various subject for which he holds expertise.
Jerry Isenhour beings to you a person who has knowledge of codes and standards, however he also brings a wealth of knowledge as to how this translates to design, construction, and problem analysis in the real world. Additionally he is recognized as the one of the leading educators of the industry and that others seldom challenge his opinions offering you the ability to work your case in the most efficient manner for your client.
Jerry Isenhour continues to educate and serve the industry daily through speaking engagements, technical assistance, consulting, and coaching, With him as your support person you will have a resource who is well respected throughout the industry by his peers and who's opinions are well founded, based on fact and not conjecture or unfounded logic.
INDUSTRY OFFICES HELD OVER CAREER:
- PRESIDENT N.C. CHIMNEY SWEEP ASSOCIATION - 3 ONE-YEAR TERMS
- VICE-PRESIDENT N.C. CHIMNEY SWEEP ASSOCIATION - 3 ONE-YEAR TERMS
- VICE-PRESIDENT NATIONAL CHIMNEY SWEEP GUILD - 2 ONE-YEAR TERMS
- VICE-PRESIDENT CHIMNEY SAFETY INSTITUTE OF AMERICA - 2 ONE-YEAR TERMS
- BOARD MEMBER, HEARTH PRODUCTS ASSOCIATION – 2-YEAR TERM
- NCCSA STATE REPRESENTATIVE TO NCSG - 3 ONE YEAR TERMS
- TECHNICAL ADVISOR TO FIRESIDE DISTRIBUTORS - 23 YEARS
- PRESIDENT SOUTHEASTERN HEARTH PRODUCTS ASSOCIATION - 2 YEAR TERM
- BOARD MEMBER, S.E. HEARTH PRODUCTS ASSOCIATION - 3 YEAR TERM
- PRESIDENT 1994 – 1997 2000 - 2004 NATIONAL CHIMNEY SWEEP GUILD
- PRESIDENT 1994 - 1997 2000 – 2004 CHIMNEY SAFETY INSTITUTE OF AMERICA
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS, NATIONAL CHIMNEY SWEEP GUILD 1991 – 200
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS, CHIMNEY SAFETY INSTITUTE OF AMERICA 1991-2004
- BOARD OF GOVERNORS NATIONAL FIREPLACE INSTITUTE NFI 2001 - 2004
WRITER FOR VARIOUS TRADE PUBLICATIONS:
- AUTHOR OF CHIMNEY SAFETY INSTITUTE OF AMERICAS TECHNICAL PAPER:
- CHIMNEY FIRES: CAUSES, EFFECTS, & EVALUATIONS
- AUTHOR OF NUMEROUS CSIA HOMEOWNER BROCHURES
- AUTHOR IN VARIOUS TRADE PUBLICATIONS
SPEAKER AT FOLLOWING SEMINARS:
- N.C. CHIMNEY SWEEP ASSOCIATION
- AUGUST WEST SEMINARS
- NATIONAL CHIMNEY SWEEP GUILD CONVENTION
- AHRENS ANNUAL DEALER MEETING
- HEARTH PRODUCTS ASSOCIATION
- NORTHEAST REGIONAL CHIMNEY SERVICE CONVENTION
- MIDWEST REGIONAL CHIMNEY SERVICE CONVENTION
- CAROLINA CHAPTER, AMERICAN SOCIETY HOME INSPECTORS
- SOUTHEASTERN CHIMNEY SERVICE CONVENTION
- SOUTHEASTER HEARTH, PATIO & BBQ ASSOCIATION
- SANDHILL MARKETING
- CALIFORNIA CHIMNEY SERVICE CONVENTION
- CHIMNEY SAFETY INSTITUTE OF AMERICA CONTINUING EDUCATION
- VERMONT DEPARTMENT OF LABOR CODE COLLEGE
- MECLENBURG CHAPTER, AMERICAN SOCIETY OF HOME INSPECTORS
- NATIONAL FIREPLACE INSTITUTE
- S.C. CHIMNEY SWEEP GUILD
- LEAD INSTRUCTOR / CSIA DIAGNOSIS AND DOCUMENTATION SEMINAR
- PRESIDENT'S AWARD FOR 1988 NCCSA
- PRESIDENT'S AWARD FOR 1991 NCCSA
- PRESIDENT'S AWARD FOR 1998 NCSG
- PAST PRESIDENT'S PRESIDENT'S AWARD 2003 NCSG ONLY RECIPIENT IN HISTORY
- AHRENS NEW DEALER OF YEAR FOR 1989
- AHRENS TOP 10 DEALERS OF YEAR FOR OVER 15 YEARS
- AHRENS EXCELLENCE IN CUSTOMER SATISFACTION OVER 15 YEARS
- LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD 2010 NCSG / 2ND RECIPIENT IN HISTORY