Chamber Safe Parging Tool
WHY CHAMBER SAFE?
High Performance, Refractory Parging Material
Improve the flow, and keep your fireplace efficient by creating a smooth transition into the flue from the smoke chamber!
Chamber Safe is a high performance, refractory parging material designed to strengthen, streamline, and restore the critical smoke chamber area in masonry chimneys. The preferred choice of chimney professionals, Chamber Safe smooths jagged, corbelled walls typically found in the smoke chamber, and creates a smooth transition between the smoke chamber, and flue liner. Chamber Safe is the ideal choice for improving the flow or draft of the fireplace! The unique insulating properties of our Chamber Safe product improves the safety of the chimney by reducing radiant heat transfer through the smoke chamber.
Available in a 5 gal. container (net weight 30 lbs.), Chamber Safe can be installed by cast, parge, trowel, hand pack or grout bag method. Chamber Safe may be used for repairs to firebrick and masonry in smoke chambers, ash pits, clay flues, fireboxes, kilns, masonry heaters, masonry ovens, masonry walls, vent connections, woodstoves and more! This product meets ASTM standards (E-196, C199, & C401), and is non-water soluble.
Chamber Safe Can Repair:
- Firebrick & Masonry in Smoke Chambers
- Ash Pits
- Clay Flues
- Masonry Heaters
- Vent Connections
- And More!
"I've parged more than 1,000 smoke chambers, and Chamber Safe is the best product I've ever used."
- Shaun Peters (Certified Chimney Technician)
Discounts Available! See Below Tier Pricing!
Chamber Safe Directions:
- Remove loose masonry and brush intended application surface clean
- For parge applications: add 3 - 4 cups of clean water to every 5 lbs. of Chamber Safe
- For casting or mortar: add 4 - 5 cups of clean water to every 5 lbs. of Chamber Safe
- Cold water offers maximum open time, warm water quickens set times
- Apply layers at a minimum of 1/4”, to several inches thick
- Chamber Safe may be applied in more than one layer - allow 24 hours to dry before firing
- One 5 gal. (30 lb.) container of Chamber Safe can cover approximately 4 square feet at 1 1/2” thickness
After cleaning out loose masonry, lightly pre-spray the smoke chamber with water using a spray bottle or similar device to further increase Chamber Safe’s workability, and use cold water for best results!
- Superior Adhesion
- Improves Draft
- Better Workability
- Adds Structural Strength
- Resists Temperatures up to 2500° F
- Use to Repair Brick, Block, Stone, Clay Flues & Other Clay Products
- Designed for Parge or Cast Applications
- Meets ASTM Standards E-196, C199 & C401